Merri Moken’s practice focuses on patent litigation pertaining to the chemical, pharmaceutical, mechanical and electrical arts. She has practiced before federal district and appellate courts, and the International Trade Commission. Ms. Moken has represented both plaintiffs and defendants concerning patent infringement, invalidity, and unenforceability, as well as trade secret misappropriation and contract-related matters. Ms. Moken also represents internationally based clients, and she has served as counsel for both domestic and foreign proceedings. Her practice also includes client counseling, due diligence, licensing, trade secrets, unfair competition and opinion work.
Prior to joining Kenyon, during the period of 1993 to 1997, Ms. Moken performed unique research, discovering that disinfectants induce the expression of a gene named mar, conferring multiple antibiotic resistance in bacteria. As an undergraduate, her scientific research focused on metal-assisted assembly of multi-helix protein bundles.
- Akzo Nobel Coating Inc. v. Dow Chemical Company (D.Del.)
- A.L.M Holding Co. et al. v. Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry LLC (D.Del.)
- Akzo Nobel Surface Chemistry LLC v. Huntsman Petrochemical (S.D.Ohio)
- C-Cation Technologies, LLC v. Time Warner Cable et al. (E.D. Tex)
- C-Cation Technologies, LLC v. Comcast Corporation et al. (E.D. Tex.)
- Comcast Corporation et al. v. C-Cation, Inc. et al. (S.D.N.Y.) (dynamic channel management)
- Pfizer Inc., Pharmacia Corp. Pharmacia & Upjohn Co., Upjohn LLC, Pharmacia & Upjohn Co. LLC, C.P. Pharmaceuticals Int’l., C.V. v. Teva Parenteral Medicines, Inc. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (D. Del.)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Novartis Corp. and Novartis Pharma AG v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D. Del.)
- Cephalon, Inc. and Cephalon France v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. (D. Del.)
- Aventis v. Impax Laboratories, Inc. (D.N.J.)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. et al. v. Torrent Pharmaceuticals. Inc. and Torrent Pharma Inc. (D. Del.)
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. et al. v. Pliva, Inc. (D.N.J.)
- Aventis and Albany Molecular Research, Inc. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. and Amino Chemicals (D.N.J.)
- Pfizer Inc. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (D. Del.)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. v. Pfizer Inc. (S.D.N.Y.)
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. v. Pfizer Inc. (S.D.N.Y.)
- Medimmune Oncology, Inc. v. Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd. (D. Md.)
- Shire Laboratories Inc. v. Impax Laboratories, Inc. (D. Del.)
- In the Matter of Certain Video Analytics Software, Systems, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same (ITC)
- Infosint S.A. v. H. Lundbeck A/S et al. (S.D.N.Y.)
- Eli Lilly & Co. v. SICOR Pharmaceuticals, Inc. et al. (S.D. Ind.)
- Aventis Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Sanofi-Aventis SA v. Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (District Court of Tel Aviv)
- Li (Pfizer) v. Singer (Teva) - Patent Interference
- “Overview of Main IPRs” “United States Main IPRs Q&A,” PLC Cross-border IP in Business Transactions Handbook, 2011 – 2012.
- “Overview of Main IPRs” “United States Main IPRs Q&A,” PLC Cross-border IP in Business Transactions Handbook, 2010 – 2011
- “Appendix to Chapter 12,” Frontiers in Antimicrobial Resistance: a Tribute to Stuart B. Levy, 2005.
- “Federal Circuit Finds an Absence of Utility in DNA Sequences, ESTs: Encumbrance of Patentability Holds Ramifications for Agricultural Industry,” IP Strategist, Oct. 2005.
- “Fallwell.com Transfer Is Answer to Reverend’s Prayers,” World Trademark Law Report, Nov. 9, 2004.
- “Fake Pharmaceuticals: How They and Relevant Legislation or Lack Thereof Contribute to Consistently High and Increasing Drug Prices,” American Journal of Law and Medicine, vol. 29, no. 4, 2003.
- “Selection of Multiple Antibiotic Resistant (mar) Mutants of Escherichia coli by Using the Disinfectant Pine Oil: Roles of mar and acrAB loci,” Antimicrobial Agents of Chemotherapy, Dec. 1997.